The present website of ELLINIKO METRO S.A. acknowledges and respects the right of the protection of personal data of the internet users, in line with the European Regulation 2016/679.
The present Policy explains the way in which www.emetro.gr processes personal data, collected during the visit and/or use of the services and pages of the website. Moreover, it explains the obligations of ELLINIKO METRO S.A., as well as the rights of the visitors in terms of the processing of their personal data.
The present Policy does not apply to information collected through any other website. It is stressed that the website www.emetro.gr includes connections to other websites through links or banners. Therefore, by moving to another website outside www.emetro.gr, the present Policy ceases to apply. In this case, we recommend that you read the Policy of the website you are transferred.
For any information on the present Policy and on the methods used in the processing your personal data, kindly contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) Mr. Vasilis Dikaioulias by email at [email protected].
Data Protection Officer
The DPO is ELLINIKO METRO S.A., seated at 191-193 Mesogeion Avenue, Athens, Postal Code 115 25, Email: [email protected]
What are personal data
In line with the law, “Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”) by reference to an identifier such as a name, an electronic address, a postal address, a telephone number, a tax payer’s etc. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier (IP address, e-mail, etc.) or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
What is personal data processing
“Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Which personal data we collect and for which purpose
The following table includes the personal data we collect and process, as well as the purpose for which personal data are collected and processed.
|Personal data||Purpose for which personal data are collected and processed|
|Communication with ELLINIKO METRO S.A. Public Relations Department|
|Monitoring the optimum performance of the website through Google Analytics, in order to evaluate and obtain statistical data.|
Legitimate basis for the processing of the personal data
The legitimate basis for the processing of the personal data is the consent given when visiting our website, when collecting the email addresses and when using the contact form (article 6. Paragraph 1a of European Regulation 2016/679).
Recipients of the personal data
The personal data of the visitors and/or users of the services of our website are not transferred to other recipients.
Duration of data retention
Your personal data are retained for as long as required for the purpose for which they were collected or as required by the Law. More specifically:
- If your personal data have been recorded following your own action (e.g. filling in of the contact form, transmittal of e-mail etc.), then we retain your data until you withdraw your consent.
- If your personal data have been recorded following the performance of a contract, we will retain them for as long as you remain under the relevant contract with us, both in hard copy and electronically, or for as long as required until the limitation period for related claims has expired.
- If your personal data have been recorded based on a legal obligation, the time period for their retention is determined based on the requirements of the legislation and the time period during which the relevant controls can be performed by the Authorities concerned.
Safety of data
We retain your personal data by implementing proper organizational and technical measures for their safety and protection from any form of accidental or unauthorized processing.
We use the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) in order to ensure the secure exchange of data between the website www.emetro.gr and your browser.
The subject measures are re-examined and modified when deemed necessary.
As regards the protection of personal data that concern you, you have the following rights:
- Right of access, i.e. your right to be informed whether personal data concerning you are being processed;
- Right to rectification, i.e. your right to obtain rectification of inaccurate personal data;
- Right to erasure, i.e. your right to obtain the erasure of personal data concerning you;
- Right to restriction of processing when the accuracy of the personal data is contested, is unlawful or for any other reason whatsoever;
- Right to data portability, i.e. your right to request to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, as well as to transmit those data to another controller, and
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data, unless compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms apply.
In order to exercise your rights, please contact ELLINIKO METRO S.A. via e-mail at the following address: [email protected] , or by mail to our above referenced address.
Once the lawfulness of your request has been verified, we will respond to your request within thirty (30) days from its receipt. In case the aforementioned deadline is required to be extended in order to investigate and/or process your request, we will inform you accordingly, by explaining the reasons for which the extension to the deadline has been deemed necessary.
Right to complaint
According to Regulation No. 679/2016, if you consider that your rights are infringed as regards the protection of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority seated in Athens (1-3 Kifissias street, Postal Code 115 23) and via telephone number 2106475600 and FAX No. 2106475628, or via e-mail at [email protected].